I have a UITableview with a UISearchBar, which contain Japanese words, and I want to test if it works to search Japanese words with Japanese keyboard. I can't find how to change the default keyboard on iPhone simulator.
preguntado el 08 de noviembre de 11 a las 13:11
Open on simulator Ajustes solicitud ->General->International->Language. Select here your language and keyboard will have required letters.
I think what we really want to do is add an international keyboard, not change the language of the simulator.
- Open Simulator
- Find Settings. It's an app, not a menu item. Look for the icon with three gears.
- Navegue hasta Preguntas generales > Teclado > Teclados internacionales > Añadir nuevo teclado
- Now select the international keyboard(s) you'd like to add.
- You can access the new keyboard(s) in your app by clicking the button that looks like a globe.
- Once selected, that keyboard will remain the default until you change it again using the method from step 5.
Note that for Japanese (and Chinese) the keyboard layout isn't that important; what is needed is an input module converting the input to actual ideographic characters. Those are called "IME" (Input Method Editor)
A keyboard has just about a hundred keys, only half of them being alphabetic; but Japanese and Chinese need several thousands different characters. The role of IMEs are to convert phonetic of descriptive input into the wanted characters. Japanese keyboard provides direct typing of phonetic japanese characters (katakana and hiragana); but all japanese IMEs acccept phonetic input either in native kana or in romanized (in latin letters).