Is it possible to edit the .cshtml files after publish or are there any draw backs?
preguntado el 24 de agosto de 12 a las 01:08
Yes, you can edit the .cshtml file after you publish it.
Yes, there are drawbacks.
- If you edit on the production server, you are bypassing QA
- You are not going through a proper build cycle
- You must integrate this change into version control
I strongly recommend adhering to a cycle
- Prueba unitaria
- Publish / Deploy to QA
- Test in QA
- Go back to "Code" as needed
- Publish / Deploy to PROD
- If something breaks, go back to "Code"
Use a version control system that supports branching and tagging to make that cycle much easier.
Even if "QA" is a VM on your development server and you put on the "QA" hat, I would not skip that step.